Legal and confidentiality notice
The Marine Research Institute belonging to the Spanish Research Council (hereinafter referred to as "IIM-CSIC" or simply as "the Institute") hereby informs you that the access to and use of the website under the domain www.iim.csic.es and all its subdomains and directories (hereinafter jointly referred to as "the Site") are subject to the terms detailed in this Legal Notice, notwithstanding any requirements to agree to additional General Terms to access some of these services or contents.
The IIM-CSIC reserves the right to make changes to the Site without prior notification with the purpose of updating, amending, modifying, adding or removing contents or design. Since the information does not immediately update, we recommend always verifying the currency and accuracy of the information, services and contents shown. Likewise, the terms and conditions described in the present Notice may change; therefore, we recommend reviewing these terms when revisiting the Site.
The IIM-CSIC is not responsible for the damages incurred due to the use of the tools and information contained in www.iim.csic.es regarding decisions pertaining to the initiation, development or results of administrative procedures. Such decisions must be verified with the corresponding departments and areas within the Marine Research Institute or the applicable centers, bodies or entities. In any case, the information and contents of this website cannot be used as evidence in adversarial proceedings against the Public Administration, and no responsibility shall be taken for any discrepancies between documents printed by the competent Administration and the electronic publication found in these pages.
Intellectual and industrial property rights
Both the Site's design and source code and the logos, brands and other distinctive signs featured on it belong to the IIM-CSIC or to collaborating organizations and are protected by the applicable intellectual or industrial property rights.
The information available on this website, except where otherwise stated, is susceptible to be reutilized, and its total or partial reproduction, modification, distribution and communication are authorized both for commercial and non-commercial purposes under the following conditions:
• Misrepresentation of the content's information is prohibited under any circumstances.
• The user shall cite the source of the documents to be reutilized.
• The user shall mention the date of last update of the documents to be reutilized.
• The IIM-CSIC states its compliance with the intellectual and industrial property rights of third parties; therefore, if you consider that this site could be violating your rights, please contact the person in charge of the Institute's communications (email@example.com) or otherwise the Institute's Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any users that intend to establish a hyperlink between their own website and the IIM-CSIC's website shall take the following conditions into account:
• Establishing the hyperlink shall in no case imply the existence of a relationship between the IIM-CSIC and the owner of the webpage, nor shall it imply the approval or endorsement of its contents or services by the IIM-CSIC. Therefore, no claims shall be made stating that the IIM-CSIC has expressly authorized the link or supervised or endorsed the contents or services offered or made available on said webpage.
• The IIM-CSIC does not guarantee or take responsibility for the quality, accuracy, reliability, correctness or morality of any contents or services that may be offered by way of the established hyperlink. Anyone accessing the hyperlinked webpage takes full responsibility for any consequences, damages or actions that may derive from said access.
• The webpage in which said hyperlink is established cannot feature any brand, denomination, logo, slogan or any other distinctive signs belonging to the IIM-CSIC, except for those constituting the hyperlink itself.
• The website in which said hyperlink is established shall not contain any information or contents that are illicit, contrary to morals and widely accepted good customs, or aimed at disrupting public order. Likewise, it shall not feature any contents that go against the rights of third parties, nor shall it promote hatred against groups traditionally discriminated against based on gender, race, sexual identity or orientation, age, functional diversity or any other characteristics that have traditionally constituted the basis for discrimination.
The IIM-CSIC expressly prohibits any framing practices or the use of any other mechanisms that alter the Site's original design, configuration or contents by third parties.
This page does not collect any personal information beyond what is described in our Cookies policy.
In the event that any information were to be collected, said collection and automated processing of the personal data obtained through this website would have the purpose of managing the service requested by the user, as well as following up on queries. The legal rationale for the processing is the consent given by the interested party and its necessity in order to perform the public functions and missions attributed to the CSIC, which is the data controller. It is not possible to estimate a timeline for their erasure, since this would depend on the case and on the requested service.
The law requires the records of processing activities to be made public by electronic means. The section about Transparency in the Spanish Research Council's website (www.csic.es) contains the CSIC's Records of Processing Activities. Through the links found in said section, you can access the records corresponding to the CSIC's main organization and to its Centers and Institutes; for each processing activity, these records specify the identity of the person in charge, the legal rationale, the purposes of the processing, the data category, their expected erasure, and a general description of the technical and organizational security measures.
According to Constitutional Act 3/2018, of 5 December, on Personal Data Protection and guarantee of digital rights ("LOPDGDD”), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and associated laws, the IIM-CSIC complies with the obligation to secrecy on personal data and to the maintenance of their privacy after performing the corresponding risk analysis, and specifically pursuant to additional provision 1 of the LOPDGDD, taking the applicable security measures (as established by the National Security Framework) necessary to prevent their alteration, loss, or unauthorized access or processing.
The user shall be able to exercise their right to access, rectification, erasure, objection, limitation and data portability by emailing the Marine Research Institute's Management (email@example.com). The CSIC's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
The Spanish Law shall be applicable in the event of dispute or conflicting interpretations of the terms in this Legal Notice or for any question related to the services of the Site.
To resolve any dispute that may arise from the visit to the Site or from the use of the services offered in said Site, the IIM-CSIC and the User agree to submit to the Courts of competent jurisdiction where the user is domiciled, provided that said domicile is located within the Spanish territory.