Fish Functional Genomics
The IIM-CSIC's Fish Functional Genomics platform (FFP-IIM-CSIC), which depends on the AcuaBioTec Lab, aims to facilitate research on aquatic vertebrate models by offering advice on several cutting-edge technologies related to molecular biology, genetics and histology, using zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model species. This service offers sample processing and analysis abd provides access to facilities and equipment so that customers can process and analyze their own samples (self-service), always in strict compliance with the existing platform regulations.
Objectives & Tasks
The FFP-IIM-CSIC platform (AcuaBioTec Lab) offers technical support to users in several cutting-edge molecular biology, genetics and histology technologies, using zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model species.
Portfolio of services
- MICRO-INJECTION OF DNA, MORPHOLINO OR mRNA IN ZEBRAFISH EMBRYOS
- GENERATION OF STABLE ZEBRAFISH MUTANT AND TRANSGENIC LINES
- CRISPR/Cas9; Tol2Kit AND BAC-TRANSGENESIS TECHNOLOGIES
- “WHOLE MOUNT” in situ HYBRIDIZATION AND INMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY TECHNIQUES
- GENOTYPING EXTRACTION AND QUANTIFICATION OF DNA FROM FISH EMBRYOS
- ISOLATION, PURIFICATION AND QUANTIFICATION OF NUCLEIC ACIDS “Qubit quantification”.
- SYNTHESIS OF cDNA, “capped” -mRNA AND RNA PROBES
- CLONING OF GENES OF INTEREST INTO PLASMID VECTORS. GATEWAY RECOMBINATION CLONING
- RT-PCR (thermal cycler (PCR)) (self-service option)
- REAL-TIME qPCR (SYBRGREEN) AND DATA ANALYSIS (self-service option)